St Aloysius Catholic College, founded in 1960 by the Sisters of Charity as St Aloysius Primary School, catered for Kindergarten to Grade 6 until 2009, when the educational capacity began expanding to cater for Grades 7 -10. The Sisters conducted the school until 2001.
In 2007, the Archbishop of Hobart, Adrian Doyle, gave approval for the primary school to extend its educational program to include Grades 7 -10 and for St Aloysius School to become St Aloysius Catholic College. The introduction of the Grades 5 -10 facilities at the Huntingfield Campus began in 2009.
In 2018, the College commenced four streams from Grade 7, with current enrolment projections seeing the College have more than 1000 enrolments in 2021. Work is also currently underway to plan for the provision of Grades 11 and 12 in the Kingborough region.
From the small beginnings of a school founded by the Sisters of Charity in 1960, the College, driven by the hard work of both religious and lay people, now holds a significant place in both the history and the future of educational provision in the south of Tasmania.